First Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirgeoph

Reaction score
Had my first brew day yesterday. After my ridiculous amount of lurking on the forums and reading and learning, wife and I finally had the time to set aside to start brewing.

No major mishaps, and everything worked as well as intended. My home-made immersion chiller cooled the wort down to 75 in under 20 minutes, so I was happy with that. Check the thermostat on my temp controller on my mini-fridge fermentation chamber and it's holding well, so another DIY project seems to be working just fine.

Definitely a great experience. Assuming fermentation and then condition happen in a good time, my first home brew should be ready for drinking in time for our annual crawfish boil. Obviously, I'll give it a test run before I start sharing with my friends. Prooobably don't want to give everyone crappy beer if I failed my first attempt.

Congrats on the brew day!!! Even better to have your wife involved. Welcome to the addiction. Im impressed you already made a wort chiller and fermentation fridge PRIOR to your first brew. Thats awesome. Heres to a successful crawfish boil :mug::tank:

my first home brew should be ready for drinking in time for our annual crawfish boil.

I can't wait for the spring lobster and snow crab fishery to start.
I had a feed of crab this weekend, but there is nothing like fresh seafood.

Shoot, forgot to wish you good luck and congrats on your first brewday.

Congrats on the brew day!!! Even better to have your wife involved. Welcome to the addiction. Im impressed you already made a wort chiller and fermentation fridge PRIOR to your first brew. Thats awesome. Heres to a successful crawfish boil :mug::tank:

Haha, thanks. I've always been one of those "If I'm going to do something, I'm going to DO it" type guys. I didn't want to leave anything up to chance. Plus, I like making things. And, being in New Orleans, our summer heat is about to make fermenting a challenge, so I wanted to make sure all was safe before screwing up a batch.

Drank the first 2 bottles of this first ever batch. Came out great! Great color, really nice head retention, and, most importantly, the flavor was spot on!

Latest posts

Back