First Brew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firerat

F-You I'm Drunk
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know I'm a dork but I'm entering my first homebrew competition tomorrow and I'm nervous as hell.

It's a bit different in I'm not just bottling a few and having them judged. No this is more of a homebrew festival where I'm bringing a keg and being judged!!

I know I sound like a wanker but I'm kind of socially awkward so this isn't easy for me. Lol

Anyways wish me luck!! Lol

man...if the beer is in the bottle, you got nothing to worry about.
Did friends try the beer? How about enemies? 😄
If you hadn't brewed it yet,you'd have something to be nervous about.

Curious @firerat , where/what was this festival? I live in Plantation...sounds like something I might enjoy :)
Sorry for the late response.

It's at a place called Lauderale Brewery. It's right by the port all the way at the end of 595. A little hard to find but a great little brewery!! Very cool people!!

Very cool! Did you get to sample anything good while u were there?
Yeah quite a bit of local stuff from some up and coming breweries!! I felt very underprepared as most had cool booths set up and mine was very spartan, but I got great feedback!!

I don't know if you ever listen to Home Brew Happy Hour podcast but a few weeks ago they had a Kolsch cup contest and the winner was there. I met him by accident. LOL

Back