First Bottle Sesh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gladius270

Reaction score
Just finished my first bottling session. Took about 2.5 hours from start to complete clean up. I can now see why people jump to keg systems!

I believe things went pretty well. Everything was dowsed in Star San at least a few times. I don't have a bottle tree, so just drowned my bottles in start san and pulled straight from that to bottle.

The only peculiar thing that I found is I only got ~40 bottles out of it. I think I may have left a little bit too much in the Primary when racking, but I'll live.

Gotta wait for carb up now! Brewing a summer cucumber wheat this weekend to take my mind off of the wait!

Congrats! Bottling is a pain but it gets easier. My bottle day takes about an hour now...of course having a partner helps :)

Just finish my bottling. A solid two hours, only my third brew. I got 51 bottles out of this one a little light. And yes you have to keep brewin' to get your mind off of what you just brewed. Because if you dint you will drink too early! Congrats on the first bottle, and enjoy in a month or so, I'm sure it will be worth it!

Back