First BIAB Brewday Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartangreen

Reaction score
Brewed my first BIAB this last weekend, and everything went swimmingly. Through HBT, I brewed the Centennial Blonde often noted on this forum. I have about 30 extract batches under my belt so I took the next step.
Anyway thanks for the learning opportunity!
And people like looking at pictures.

Here are some pictures of the event!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

welcome to the wonderful world of BIAB!:)

always have had great results with this sytle of brewing.

cheers....

GD:mug:

Thanks for this. I'm getting ready to give BIAB another try in a couple of weeks (after a disastrous 1st try). How did your mash temperature work out? Did the calculator do a good job with that too?

Also, how did the quilt technique work out for insulation? Were you able to hold temp for the entire hour?

Thanks for this. I'm getting ready to give BIAB another try in a couple of weeks (after a disastrous 1st try). How did your mash temperature work out? Did the calculator do a good job with that too?

Also, how did the quilt technique work out for insulation? Were you able to hold temp for the entire hour?

I was a couple of degrees higher than what the calculator said it would be. No big deal, left the lid off and stirred for a couple of minutes. I did a 90 minute mash, and it dropped from 151 to 147 after 45 minutes. I reheated it back to 151. It was 39 degrees out. I'll check it every 15 minutes next brew.

i make sure my mash strike temp brings me within the mash temp thresh hold that i'm shooting for. after stirring in the grain and stablizing the temps i have an insulation wrap made from an old acyrlic blanket with foiled bubble wrap folded in side. i wrap this around the mash tun. then i cover the top with a thick folded acrylic blanket. usually during a 90 minute mash i loose only one degree of temp. i make sure to check and stir at 45 minutes anyway.

cheers
GD

Back