First beer I had to dump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlyday

Reaction score
Well after brewing about 10 batches, I finally dumped one. It wasnt infected or anything, it just tasted bad, and I couldnt see myself ever drinking it, and it was wasting one of my kegs, so down the drain it went.

I had "brewed" it this summer, I was just trying to fill the pipeline out with a quick brew between camping and another vacation and picked up a muntons or cooper wheat beer, one of the no boil ones, and a can of raspberry puree. It never tasted right. Almost like the raspberry was a little rotten. It was drinkable just not enjoyable. I was hoping it would taste better with time, but that didnt seem like it was happening.

The keg is soaking in oxy right now and will be filled by this weekend.

I guess that's a downside to kegs... can't really age in bottles to forget about for a few months if you need the keg.

But hey, it's your beer. If you didn't like it and didn't feel it was worth investing the time to let it age only for the chance that you'd like it, that's your call. Nothing wrong with that... on to the next one.

Im not a big fan of fruited beers anyway, but this has pushed me even farther away. Good thing is that there are so many different styles to try, I never seem to get bored.

Back