First beer brew - Just wanted to share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdog22

Reaction score
There's mostly threads about questions and concerns here. I just wanted mix things up a bit and share my first brewing experience and show my gratitude to this awesome forum :D

Sunday I brewed my first beer. Bavarian Hefeweizen extract kit from Northern Brewer with the upgraded 3068 liquid wyeast. A hefeweizen is my favorite beer and after brewing wine/mead for years, brewing a beer has been on my list of things to do for a loong time. Finally got 'er done.

Gumbo and potato salad done up as well. Was nice to have the house smell like gumbo and a brewery at the same time:

My ghetto ice batch. BIG pot and too small of a sink. Wasn't a big deal because I had already poured in 2 gallons of cold bottled water that had been sitting in the fridge. So I only needed to come down another 15 degrees to pitching temp:

All cooled off, yeast pitched, blow off tube rigged up and all set in a containment tray. Just incase. Currently sitting with a towel wrapped around it. Smells delicious. Bubbling away like crazy as planned

Target OG is spot on at 1.049 per the kit instructions.

Thanks to everyone who contributes their wealth of experience and knowledge to make this site what it is. Cheers :tank:

Thanks guys. What's next? I have a few ideas. I've been considering a dunkleweizen, weizen bock, oatmeal stout, pilsner, maybe another hefeweizen with a partial mash? lol. Who knows. I'm sure i'll have to cross that bridge before I know it!

Looking good. Check out Brew in a Bag if you're thinking about Partial Mash.

Kdog:

I just did mini mash Irish Red from Austion Homebrew and it's looking great. I'm due to receive my Dunkelweizen mini mash kit from them today or tomorrow for brewing next week. Another member here told me it's a great kit with the 3068 so I'm getting excited. Kits are free shipping from AHS so you might think about that. Cheers and welcome to beer brewing. :tank:

Kdog:

I just did mini mash Irish Red from Austion Homebrew and it's looking great. I'm due to receive my Dunkelweizen mini mash kit from them today or tomorrow for brewing next week. Another member here told me it's a great kit with the 3068 so I'm getting excited. Kits are free shipping from AHS so you might think about that. Cheers and welcome to beer brewing. :tank:

You'll have to do a review of the dunklweizen kit after you get to taste your finished product as i've been reading reviews on different dunkle kits available. :mug:

Back