first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top off to the right total volume & aerate it somehow before pitching the yeast. Re-hydrating dry yeast will cut lag time. But doing so will nesecitate a blow off tube more often as not.

Welcome! take your time, enjoy the process and have fun, and read all you can on HBT. Lots of helpful stuff here.

Depends and hmm,where to start,get good yeast,fement at a good low60's temp for most ales,give it a few weeks in primary and the bottle,or months.
cool the wort below 70,hydrate your dry yeast if that seems easy to you,aerate your wort, use good water that taste good without chlorine flouride or any other bs they put in it but do keep a good mineral or good ph balance of your mash if you do partial/all grain 5.2-5.5 ph .But dont worry about your water with extract just use good filtered water,yeast nutrient probably wouldnt hurt though.
Get a hydrometer if you dont have one,they are cheap.And do your research and drink good beer in the mean time. Oh and search before you freak out and post your paranoia about something. And when bottling make shure its finished and you use the right amount of priming sugar for your volume your bottleing,and keep every thing clean post boil to bottleing.Read How to brew online(free but older version) or beter yet get the updated book.Along with some recipe books or some of the recipes on HBT. :) Did i mention research?

Good job! Keep control of those fermentation temps, can't mention that enough. Oh, and when you are transferring/bottling/kegging/etc, sanitize sanitze sanitize!

Well I must have done something right I got a little action going on this morning, can't wait to see more progress

get stuff for another batch for next weekend, this will keep you busy while your first batch ferments, then get another kit for when that one is going, keep this up for a month or so, before you know it you wil have a good supply of beer that isnt too young because you were busy brewing and not drinking green beer.

Back