First batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meteorbrews

Reaction score
Well, I just brewed my first batch last night and i think i've covered most of the things that could have gone wrong so far. First I boiled over, at least the hops weren't in yet. Second thing to happen was pushing the stopper through into the full carboy while trying to insert the airlock, had to use a bent coat hanger to get it out. Then last but definately not least, the grand finale! A BLOWOUT.... wort all over the walls, ceiling, curtains and bed. *note to self, do not place fermenter beside the bed and at least i was out of bed when it happened. Unfortunately my bedroom is the only room with air conditioning. Just have to hope a second blowout doesn't occur while i'm at work since i dont have a blowoff tube. However, none of those mishaps have detered me though, I just consider them lessons learned. I'll just have to hope the beer still turns out good, and make improvements for the next batch. And hey.... it can only go up from here right?

Brad

Back