First batch, last bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gator_brewer

Reaction score
So I've finally drank my way through almost all of my 1st beer :drunk: (an Irish Red circa Sept/Oct) and only have a six pack left :(

Should I:

1. Invite some friend over, finish them off.
2. Save them for a few more months and see how much aging affects my beer.
3. Just mix them in with the other 2 types I have and drink like normal.
4. Never open the last one, and save it for memories.

Just wondering if anyone does anything special with their final beers(of each batch).

Thanks

I always save the last one of each batch, i have no idea what i'm going to do with them but i save them anyway. I only use 22 oz bottles, i suppose i save them to share a glass with a friend on a special occasion.

Number 2 is my choice, Spread them out over the next year, 1 every two months...you will learn a lot about how beer matures (especially if you take notes) AND you can celebrate the 1 year anniversary of your new obsesssion.

Save the whole sixer!!! Seriously, I wish I had saved some of my earlier batches. Maybe sample one a month for the next six months and see how the taste changes. Take notes, and try to remember at what age it tasted the best. Then you can age the whole damn batch next time and make it that good. :mug:

I figured that #2 would come up as the choice... although I think I'm going to keep the last bottle for some reason (maybe one day make a label for each of my batches and display them somewhere)

Thanks

Latest posts

Back