First batch bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkydadhomebrew

Reaction score
I had meant to bottle at 3 weeks, but had a super busy weekend last weekend so bottled today at 4 weeks. Irish red ale from Midwest. No issues bottling, just did my due diligence cleaning and sanitizing. I did use a fine screen at the end of the siphon tube to help keep everything clear. Bottling bucket looked and smelled really good! Tasted a bit, and it was actually pretty good. Will be better once carbonated and cold, but I think being somewhat drinkable on bottling day is a good sign. FG was spot on for the kit.

Long story short, fingers crossed, so far so good..

What a great feeling, huh? Congratulations on your first batch!

I agree. If they taste good at bottling, they can only get better carbed up and a little cold.

Better start another batch so you don't down too many of these before they hit peak flavor!

Cheers.

I bottled a batch yesterday. It was the first time i used a bottling wand and now that I have used the wand I can't believe I didn't buy one before.

That bottling wand is a lifesaver! The bottling went really quick...it is all the pre cleaning and sanitizing that takes a long time!

Got a couple kits in my cart ready to go...just need to pull the trigger.

Back