First Batch Bottle Issue - No Carb / Too Sweet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellminio

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a quick question - I bottled by first batch 2 weeks ago - Each bottle contain roughly 2.2/2.4grams of sugar - I tested one bottle last night - It had no head to it and was flat and sweet. Turned more into a flat cider than a IPA

The colour looks fine at least....

Where could I have gone wrong? - Should I leave it for longer in the bottle or?

Many Thanks
Ell

First off, how did the fermentation go? Did you take hydrometer readings pre and post fermentation?

Maybe it just hasn't carbed up yet. Two weeks is usually long enough but let it sit a while longer and see what happens, also what is your bottle storage temperature?
IPA's are a little tricky and I would not recommend that style to a beginning brewer.

The fermenting went fine I think - Original grav was 1.066 - I measure gravity a couple of days before bottling which read 1.010 - Then was the same reading 3days after on bottling day.

To be honest the storage has been a bit cold? - I have now moved them into a warmer room which is roughly 20/22*c

This brew was a brewing kit

That could be the problem then - Ok I will move them and leave them for a couple more weeks in a warmer place

Back