First attempt @ Counter Pressure Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmckee56

Reaction score
A few days ago, I made my first run at Counter Pressure Bottling and it worked out quite well. My first bottled beverage was a Muscat Wine fermented dry and aged for seven months. I kegged five gallons of the wine and carbonated it @ 30psi in my refrigerator for 30 days.

We filled 7 bottles, sealed them with plastic closures and wire hoods and then procedded to drink three of them that night. D#@m they were good! The Sparkled Wine had nice carbonation to it and you could see small bubbles rising up through the glass the entire time. The dryness and flavor of the wine is close to a Brut style and we are very pleased with it so far.

I estimate there are 17 more bottles left in the keg and I am planning to bottled a few and save the remaining Wine for a demonstration of Counter Pressure Bottling at our Wine club next month.

I can't wait to try this procedure with some of my homebrews and pass a few out to family and friends.

Salute! :mug:

I have the counter pressure bottling unit. I got it from MidWest several months ago. I hear the BMBF is nice, but I had already purchased the other unit before learning of it. I did not have any real difficulty using the CPBU though, so I will keep it for now.

Salute! :mug:

Latest posts

Back