first attempt at making a wort chiller...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave6187

Reaction score
I think it came out pretty good if I do say so myself, although I'm real upset about that one nasty kink I put in it(gonna play with it a bit more to get it better, but hey, at least water flows through it, and it doesn't leak). I work with making brake lines, etc on a regular basis so one would think I'd be an expert at making one of these. Total cost so far: $20

I've got a chunk of hose to put on the inlet side, not so sure about the outlet side yet....

2009-07-01171718.jpg

2009-07-01172829.jpg

Images inlined for others' reading pleasure:

I]

i]

If you ask me, I think you'll need more copper tubing. For me, 25' of copper is just barely enough.

yea, I'm gonna have to say something to the guy I bought it from. He told me it was 25 feet, seemed like only ten. but something is better than nothing I suppose for right now.....

My 25 feet still takes a little while to drop the temp into the 70's. Your IC will work just fine, but the lack of surface area will take longer to drop the temp.

I just talked to the guy who sold me this tubing, and he's going to send me another roll of it this week, so I'll just compression fitting it together and be on my way :) and this way i can get rid of my ugly spot

Back