First all grain kegged and carbing for turkey day!! One question though

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehause

Reaction score
I just kegged my first AG and it's carbing as we speak!!!
I have it in the fridge at serving temp, and I put 20 Psi on it. It was cold when I kegged it from cold crashing. Will 2 days at 20 PSI then down to 10 PSI serving pressure for another 2 carb it enough or should I push up the PSI for the first couple of days. I figured since it is cold, I wouldn't have to get too crazy with pressure.
Thanks

I tend to go about 25-30 for 2 days and then down to 10 to push it after... but i am not really that consistent and am always fidgeting with the regulator. I did just switch to a 3 reg system in hopes that I can get better at carbing and not messing with it all the time and bleeding gas and wasting it.

I also have a 3 keg setup and usually force carb at 30psi for 2 days then take a taste test. on most my beers that puts them at the perfect level of carb. i have had a few that need to sit alittle bit longer but i just put my regulator down to 10-12 and let it slowly get up to the right carb level. in any case if your planning on serving on turkey day you should be perfect.

Back