First all grain in the bag!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livewir

Reaction score
Brewed up my first all grain last night. Used Edworts Haus Ale recipe. I did so much reading and research before hand it almost felt natural to be brewing in this way. Did my math when everything this was put away and I'm got about 73% efficiency, which I think maybe due to my sparge.

In the end, it only added about 1.5-2hrs to my normal brew time. Wasn't that much more to clean up!

time to start researching my next recipe, now that i have the ultimate flexibility! :mug:

Congrats on the first AG brew! It really isnt that hard is it? I see a lot of threads where people are stressing about going AG and are convinced they will screw it up, when it actually is quite simple, just more equipment!

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I also just completed my first AG batch with EdWorts Haus Ale as well. With all the reading and watching BobbyM's vids on youtube I was was ready to rock.
It was easier than extract brewing, go figure! Thanks to all. I'll keep you posted.

Back