First All Grain Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richthrift

Reaction score
Im planning on starting my first all grain brew at the beginning of April. I want to do a chocolate stout. Im having trouble with the recipe. At least, deciding what the base malt should be. Would 10 lbs Maris Otter suffice? I have searched the site but cant seem to find an answer that really clarifies this for me.

Look@ northern brewer.com under their all gain kits they give you the recipes for the kit. If you can't find one pm me and I will send you one.

look@ northern brewer.com under their all gain kits they give you the recipes for the kit. If you can't find one pm me and i will send you one.

+1

Marris Otter is the base for their dry irish stout. I did this one about 5 weeks ago it's wonderful. Stout is a perfect first all grain beer.

Very good if you use ground it normally ships next business day. Brewsaver shipping is slower but considerably cheaper. I like the NB kits had really good results with them so far.

Awesome. I'll definitely have to give them a shot. I've been ordering all of my stuff from monsterbrew and really enjoy their service. I'm just trying to find something where the shipping isn't so very expensive

Back