First All grain BIAB gone wrong? Picture inside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey yooper! I have been meaning to send some more beers off to you, but the sub zero winter puts a damper on things. When it warms up, or maybe one of these days we can meet up! BTW, you have my vote!

Hey yooper! I have been meaning to send some more beers off to you, but the sub zero winter puts a damper on things. When it warms up, or maybe one of these days we can meet up! BTW, you have my vote!

Thanks! I appreciate the vote.

When you head a little south, let me know and you can stop by and have a couple of beers with me. We almost never go up your way anymore!

First: Aw, Yooper changed profile pic. :(
Second: How do home improvement store paint strainer bags compare to this "voile" for holding in crud? I'm looking to expand to BIAB partial boils.

Second: How do home improvement store paint strainer bags compare to this "voile" for holding in crud? I'm looking to expand to BIAB partial boils.

If your looking to get a biab check out this site http://www.bagbrewer.com
I just got a custom bag from him for my setup and it's very well constructed and will hold a large amount of grain.

New Jeep, new avatar! :p

I just bought my first ever Jeep Wrangler on Thursday, and I got it a little dirty today. Combining Beer and Jeep is friggin' brilliant, so this avatar just might stay for a while. :p

The paint strainer bags are "ok" for smaller amounts of grain, but they are thin and do tear, and don't hold as much as better quality bags. However, for something like 3 pounds of grain or so in each, they'd be fine. They aren't indestructible, like wilserbrewer's seem to be- but at $5 for 2 of them, that's ok. You can get your feet wet with them, and see how it works out for you before buying bigger and better bags.

I now use the paint strainer bags for my hops spider when my Wilserbrewer bags are in the wash. (Yes, turn them outside out, rinse them, and toss them in the laundry!).

New Jeep, new avatar! :p

The paint strainer bags are "ok" for smaller amounts of grain, but they are thin and do tear, and don't hold as much as better quality bags. However, for something like 3 pounds of grain or so in each, they'd be fine. They aren't indestructible, like wilserbrewer's seem to be- but at $5 for 2 of them, that's ok. You can get your feet wet with them, and see how it works out for you before buying bigger and better bags.

I now use the paint strainer bags for my hops spider when my Wilserbrewer bags are in the wash. (Yes, turn them outside out, rinse them, and toss them in the laundry!).

Aha, point I'd not considered, as my batches have used <= 5# at this point with extract. Thanks. I can see the issue with doubling (or more) the grain bill and having paint strainer bags hold up.

Back