First AG today, great success! So far...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jubilee

Reaction score
5 gal batch of Denny's Wry Smile IPA, hit my mash temps pretty much dead-on. Hit my starting gravity literally dead-on at 1.077. Super stoked, used a yeast starter, full boil, pure O2 aeration, and wort chiller for the first time!!

Don't know why, but the only worry I have is yeast viability. I spun the **** out of my starter and didn't see any sure evidence of fermetation. There was a good yeast cake after a night in the fridge though...

Time will tell.... :mug:

Many thanks to all who have posted here and helped me learn!

photo.JPG

Depending on the yeast you used you might not see any signs of fermentation. I have only seen signs in one of my starters and it was Wyeast's hefeweizen yeast and it blew over my growler and had a huge krausen for a day or so.

First 2 all-grains were sort of chaotic, but 3rd time was a charm for me. Bet the tent comes in handy for brewing outside in Seattle, but it looks nice and sunny in the pic!

First 2 all-grains were sort of chaotic, but 3rd time was a charm for me. Bet the tent comes in handy for brewing outside in Seattle, but it looks nice and sunny in the pic!

Yes, the tent was nice! I'm a native-born Pacific Northwesterner and recoil at the thought of too much sun. I know, it's weird....but I really do prefer a few clouds and some drizzle! :cross:

Back