First AG suggestion on What to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krc333

Reaction score
I’m tackling my first AG brew this weekend and was looking for a recipe that would be good to start with, something light preferably. I’m open to any suggestions. I’ve been looking through my Joy of Home brewing book but nothing is jumping out at me.

Kraig

If you have fermentation temp control (or someplace around 68F), I would recommend Edwort's Kolsch as well. Proabably my favorite AG I've made. It's also pretty simple and not too expensive.

SWMBO says it's the best I've ever made. Her favorite by far.

I really enjoy good commercial pilsners and light lagers. This Kolsch has some of the best characteristics of the best commercial "green bottle" beers out there - Only it's SOOOOO much easier than making a lager. Mine was tasting awesome after only 4 weeks. Try that with a lager!! It still is unmistakable Kolsch, but very crisp and pilsner like!

thanks guys, I think i'm going to give the blonde a try. I'm a little nervous on the entire mashing/sparging process but you have to start someplace.

+1 on the Ed's Paul Haus Ale... It was dirt easy and turned out to be a real pleaser despite complete neglect I gave it (37 days in primary in my closet ranging from 65 to 75 F).

My SWMBO calls it the "Flowery" beer and I may even enter it into a comp for fun.

Latest posts

Back