First AG and many thanks to those that unknowingly helped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rezilynt

Reaction score
I finally took a deep breathe and dove into the world of all grain. First I wanted to thank some of the people on this board that helped me without even knowing it (forgive me if I sound like an actor at the Oscars and leve some people out):D:
Fly Guy - Thanks for the great instructions on the MLT build
DeathBrewer - Thanks for making the process of making a starter easy to understand
Bobby_M - Thanks for teaching me how to build an immersion chiller and and for the wonderful All grain primer on your website
Orphy - Thanks for the HobGoblin recipe and instructions

The session went great and it was a very rewarding experience. To anyone thinking about making the jump - It all makes sense was you are doing it.
I did have one issue that concerns me a little - I had a small pond and pump that I used to put ice in to recycle my immersion chiller water. I never expected the pump to have enough force to blow the tubing out of the pond container, depositing water right into my wort. I caught it immediately but I'll make sure that never happens again.:D

Anyway thanks again guys!

Ya all grain isn't as hard as it sounds when you actually do it. I only did 2 extract brews at a brew on premises place and then I started doing all grain at my house.

I will never do extract again.

woohoo, welcome to the club! It only gets better from this point on!

Congrats on a successful brew -- I guarantee that you will never forget that first AG batch! Hope it turns out to be a real winner!

And best of luck in your future brews. Believe me, the obsession has just begun!

Cheers! :mug:

Congrats on a successful brew -- I guarantee that you will never forget that first AG batch! Hope it turns out to be a real winner!

And best of luck in your future brews. Believe me, the obsession has just begun!

Cheers! :mug:

Thanks all - Speaking of the obsession - I find that no matter what store I go into, I'm always seeing something and saying to myself, "I could use that for..." or, "if I modified that this way..."

Welcome to the club, and may it only get better from here on out, you will be glad you made the jump to ag, good luck in the future.:mug:

Back