F'ing cat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Respect other people's property rights and control your animals before you talk about violating people's girlfriends. Anyone who can't control their own pet certainly does not put me in fear... Especially men who are cat owners in the first place... (but dfc is right).

:D You guys might as well be on XBOX live saying "I'll kick your a$$". Those guys crack me up just like you two are.

I agree. However I just don't see the humor or get the mentality of someone who would advocate killing someone else's cat. And quite frankly, if someone killed my cat, I'd end up in jail. Simple fact. And I am by no means an internet bully.

Respect other people's property rights and control your animals before you talk about violating people's girlfriends. Anyone who can't control their own pet certainly does not put me in fear... Especially men who are cat owners in the first place... (but dfc is right).

It's a cat. What's next, you want all the birds to stay out of your yard?

Honestly, I don't even know why am I discussing this with you. I've read enough of your posts to know that you are not someone I would want to know in real life. In fact, there was a group of posts you made a while back that had me cringing at the fact that there are human beings like you in the world.

Lol. From a cat person, that's a compliment. What posts? For future reference I may need to use that mindset to deter others from bothering me.

It was the posts with the other cop that likes to give people tickets for doing one over the speed limit or some crap. Your responses were so over the top, it was like stepping back in time, to the middle ages.

And truly, if you feel the need to put me down because i happen to have a cat, well that says even more about you. Let me guess, you have a big ugly dog and everyone on your block is afraid of you?

For the record, I have two dogs as well.

My neighbors feed the strays. Of course, its not always the cats eating the food. But now theres a bunch of strays crapping and peeing in my flowerbeds and backyard. I'd like to get them comfortable with being near me, so I can start picking them off with baseballs. I wouldn't be killing them, just making it painful to be in my yard. Nothing else has worked, no matter how humane the attempts.

I have the wimpiest pitbull ever, Mikey can confirm that. I figured it was a cop thread. Common sense in regards to policing is not appreciated by people who don't like cops, no biggie to me. I recall saying that 1 mph over is usually ridiculous, but giving reasons why even the most 'fair' cop would write in that situation. If that's so over the top that you saw the Black Plague at your doorstep, so be it. I've dealt with hearing far worse opinions of me without getting angry.

Lol, you confirmed that before I could even say you would!

Edit: about the only thing that does make me angry is that I've put my life in danger for people who feel the way you do about me and my cops. If I go, I hope it's for a deserving person. I'd hate knowing that your kids get you for their whole lives while mine will never even know they lost me for someone like you. :) I truly believe that is the worst part about policing, worse than the actual dying part.

Terrible guess.

That wasn't meant for you.

I'd go with the motion detector thing. It will work the best. All throwing a baseball or shooting or anything else like that will do, is make the cat afraid of YOU. It will still do what it does, just not when you are there. Seriously, you have to think like the cat.

Or you can try and buy some coyote or lion piss. Sprinkle that around.

Alternatively, and I know you are going to hate this, build them a sandbox to **** in. Don't worry about cleaning it, who cares? But given a better place to crap, they will. In fact, build it, then put it in the crazy cat lady's yard.

I get your issue, I have it too. I have a cat who is cool, but the neighborhood strays use my yard as well. I chase them and let the dogs chase them. It doesn't stop them, but it makes me feel good.

I have the wimpiest pitbull ever, Mikey can confirm that. I figured it was a cop thread. Common sense in regards to policing is not appreciated by people who don't like cops, no biggie to me. I recall saying that 1 mph over is usually ridiculous, but giving reasons why even the most 'fair' cop would write in that situation. If that's so over the top that you saw the Black Plague at your doorstep, so be it. I've dealt with hearing far worse opinions of me without getting angry.

All I am saying is that you seem like the kind of person I would not want to know. And being a cop, that scares me. Because quite frankly, I like cops, I respect cops, and I will be the first to stand up for them. But the hardline attitude you have is what gives cops a bad name.

Can't please everyone, and anyone who tries is just stupid.

I sort of like hearing this though because I'm tired of hearing inane comments like "he's a good cop". That's as much of an insult as "he's a bad cop" (unless referring to corruption of course). Either way, its condescending, and more than likely based on very little evidence.

I rarely get angry, and I've noticed here especially that keeping cool sometimes makes people even more mad because they think you're blowing them off. Likely this is due in part to the fact that this hobby leans heavily with above average intelligence people. Those with half a brain or more tend to not like cops who have opinions and don't fit into their preconceived notions: the smarter you are, the harder it is to deal with someone "below" you telling you what to do. I get that. I at least appreciate when those people make it easy to see and don't try to hide it. ;)

mcarb said:
That wasn't meant for you.

Or you can try and buy some coyote or lion piss. .

I was just saying your guess was way off. His dogs cool and his neighbors like him. Where exactly would one procure the urine of coyotes or lions?

Damn... mcarb is right, even Hitler would have hated me:

Technically, he's right about writing someone for 5+ the speed limit. While I've never done less than 10 (and even that rarely), I can certainly see reasons why I'd do it (not worth getting into here, I'm not looking to defend this guy anyway).

Big city policing requires a certain amount of negotiation, both verbally with people face to face, and in the laws one chooses to enforce. Training has taught me that discretion is one of the most important tools a police officer has and more importantly, my experience has proven that to be true. I'd venture that Squirrelly is a small town police officer.

Maybe where you are, but if I make my case and the judge doesn't think I was lying or my estimate and equipment were off, then the summons stands. I don't want to sound like I'm defending Squirelly's attitude on policing, but I am a cop, and have had to testify to hundreds of summonses in court, I don't just come from a family of police officers.

The only reason I mentioned that at all is because a poster in this thread advocated making complaints against cops if they write a 5mph+ summons. Nice attitude. Break the law, then try to make the cop look bad. I consider myself a level headed cop and an almost flawless record to back that up. I'd love to take a BS complaint like that so I can smile when it is summarily dismissed. We answer complaints like that on job time, no skin off my back.

How about this last one, where I actually told someone their town cops were wrong for only writing non-residents:

Your family members might not be too happy to know that you're putting this out there by the way. That would be an awesome lawsuit for an out of town resident to hit your PD/town with.

PS... these were my only policing related posts in that thread.

Look online, there are sites to buy it. I saw predator urine site with a chart to tell you what kind you need for certain pest animals. It might work! Or it might attract wolves or something ;)

Can't please everyone, and anyone who tries is just stupid.

I sort of like hearing this though because I'm tired of hearing inane comments like "he's a good cop". That's as much of an insult as "he's a bad cop" (unless referring to corruption of course). Either way, its condescending, and more than likely based on very little evidence.

I rarely get angry, and I've noticed here especially that keeping cool sometimes makes people even more mad because they think you're blowing them off. Likely this is due in part to the fact that this hobby leans heavily with above average intelligence people. Those with half a brain or more tend to not like cops who have opinions and don't fit into their preconceived notions: the smarter you are, the harder it is to deal with someone "below" you telling you what to do. I get that. I at least appreciate when those people make it easy to see and don't try to hide it. ;)

I don't have a problem with people "below me" telling me what to do. It's your hardline attitude and inflexibility that I think bothers me and makes what i would consider a horrible cop (not calling you a horrible cop I don't know you well enough). But based on several of your posts (and I believe the one thread that set my impression was someone asking about distilling), you seem very rigid and unable to reason. It's either on or off. And quite frankly, I think a good police officer needs to be able to reason and make a judgement call. Not trying to start an argument here. But I will say a couple of things:
1. Passing a judgement about me because I own a cat is pretty shallow and a little ridiculous.
2. Advising someone to kill someone else's pet is not cool. Not cool at all. How would you feel, as a pit bull owner, if someone advocated your neighbor (who may be deathly afraid of pitbulls) to kill it should it happen to get out?

I was just saying your guess was way off. His dogs cool and his neighbors like him. Where exactly would one procure the urine of coyotes or lions?

http://www.predatorpee.com/

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_3hb40ywyuu_b

Seriously, think about it rationally for a second. You like to go to the park and play frisbee. But the grouchy old man that lives next to the park doesn't like frisbees. So every time he sees you, he shoots a bb gun at you without telling you why. Will you ever make the connection that the old man doesn't want you playing frisbee? Or are you more likely to think the old man is a nut case and call the cops or avoid the park while he is around? But hey, his car is gone. Let's play frisbee.

You have to outwit the cat. Good luck with it. LOL

Damn... mcarb is right, even Hitler would have hated me:

How about this last one, where I actually told someone their town cops were wrong for only writing non-residents:

PS... these were my only policing related posts in that thread.

Ok after reading this post, I may be a bit off on your inflexibility. I think it was another thread that I found myself scratching my head and wondering about you.

It's a cat. What's next, you want all the birds to stay out of your yard?

Honestly, I don't even know why am I discussing this with you. I've read enough of your posts to know that you are not someone I would want to know in real life. In fact, there was a group of posts you made a while back that had me cringing at the fact that there are human beings like you in the world.

Would it just be "a cat" if a person had severe and debilitating cat allergies? Look, either control your cat or it gets controlled. It's pretty simple really.

I never advocated killing someone else's pet. Although I should have been more clear in my first one where I said I hope my dog catches one of the cats some day. He wouldn't know what to do with it, and DEFINITELY wouldn't bite it. I'd be surprised if he didn't realize he was too close and backed off in fear, which is what he did last time he came close to one of the DEAD mice from said cats (yeah, I have a pitbull who's scared of tiny dead rodents).

If I was inflexible, it was definitely not in support of the law against distilling or anything else commonly questioned on this forum. What I am known for is being inflexible in explaining the legalities of those actions to those who don't understand the laws. Once you understand the law, I don't care what you do, but I believe that for those of us who know the laws regarding our hobby, its our duty not to send a person who is ignorant to those laws off thinking that what they are about to do is legal. Then, if they somehow get caught doing something, they say "But the guy on HBT said it was ok!" There are no loopholes to certain laws, and while I may not agree with the law in principle, I offer my knowledge to help someone so that they can understand it and not run afoul of something they don't intend to.

mcarb said:
I don't have a problem with people "below me" telling me what to do. It's your hardline attitude and inflexibility that I think bothers me and makes what i would consider a horrible cop (not calling you a horrible cop I don't know you well enough). But based on several of your posts (and I believe the one thread that set my impression was someone asking about distilling), you seem very rigid and unable to reason. It's either on or off. And quite frankly, I think a good police officer needs to be able to reason and make a judgement call. Not trying to start an argument here. But I will say a couple of things:
1. Passing a judgement about me because I own a cat is pretty shallow and a little ridiculous.
2. Advising someone to kill someone else's pet is not cool. Not cool at all. How would you feel, as a pit bull owner, if someone advocated your neighbor (who may be deathly afraid of pitbulls) to kill it should it happen to get out?

http://www.predatorpee.com/

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=coyote+urine&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2975586059&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2630570741804476&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_3hb40ywyuu_b

Seriously, think about it rationally for a second. You like to go to the park and play frisbee. But the grouchy old man that lives next to the park doesn't like frisbees. So every time he sees you, he shoots a bb gun at you without telling you why. Will you ever make the connection that the old man doesn't want you playing frisbee? Or are you more likely to think the old man is a nut case and call the cops or avoid the park while he is around? But hey, his car is gone. Let's play frisbee.

You have to outwit the cat. Good luck with it. LOL

Hey, if the cats were in my yard playing and frollicking, and playing with my kids, that'd be cool. But they're leaving stank logs all over and digging up my flowerbed and pissing in it. If I was crapping in someone's yard, i'd fully expect them to take some action to prevent it. Theres a difference between playing frisbee and droppin a deuce.

I expect nothing less than this:

cat-pooping-toilet-trained-.jpg

What's next, you want all the birds to stay out of your yard?

Damn birds. All fyin up in my air. Landing in my trees, tweeting an sh*t. And sh*t they do. All up under my trees is bird sh*t on the grass. You ever try to pick up bird sh*t off the grass? Aint easy.

And you think the police any help? Heck no. I calls em up and tell em look here, these birds are trespassing. My property is posted. I even put the sign up high so they could see. Don't stop them none. They pooped right on the sign. Right on it! And all tweeting and chirping all the damn time. Oh yeah, before seven and after ten. They don't care. I guess the law don't apply to no birds. May well as not. Cops don't do em nothin. Why 911 don't come to my house when I call them? They come out just fine when somebody else call em here. Oh I call em and "Sir. We can't help you. It's birds" I know it's birds. I told you that.

Next tie I call em, next time Ima tell it's flying donuts in my tree. I bet they come out for some flyin donuts. Shoo. Whole damn SWAT team be out here shootin holes in the donuts.

Your rant reminded me of this youtube video (NSFW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn birds. All fyin up in my air. Landing in my trees, tweeting an sh*t. And sh*t they do. All up under my trees is bird sh*t on the grass. You ever try to pick up bird sh*t off the grass? Aint easy.

And you think the police any help? Heck no. I calls em up and tell em look here, these birds are trespassing. My property is posted. I even put the sign up high so they could see. Don't stop them none. They pooped right on the sign. Right on it! And all tweeting and chirping all the damn time. Oh yeah, before seven and after ten. They don't care. I guess the law don't apply to no birds. May well as not. Cops don't do em nothin. Why 911 don't come to my house when I call them? They come out just fine when somebody else call em here. Oh I call em and "Sir. We can't help you. It's birds" I know it's birds. I told you that.

Next tie I call em, next time Ima tell it's flying donuts in my tree. I bet they come out for some flyin donuts. Shoo. Whole damn SWAT team be out here shootin holes in the donuts.

OH HOLY HELL! hahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. That is damn well close to the funniest thing I have read on this forum.

What about those damned squirrels?? Making all that noise going at it... Makes me want to get a pellet gun and take them f'ers OUT...

Zuljin said:

Thomas Paine, George Orwell, and Zuljin.

Respect other people's property rights and control your animals.....

^^^^^This^^^^^^

The root of the problem lies with a neighbor who does not respect others' property or is indifferent/unaware of what the cat is doing to the OP's property.

OP, IMO, Use a live trap to capture the animal. Return the animal in the live trap to the cat owner. Explain that while s/he may enjoy cats, you do not appreciate the cat on your property. Be nice but let the owner know the boundary.

I think I'd lather, rinse, repeat once, maybe twice before pursuing an alternative solution.

Solving the problem in a humane way has to begin with rational communication between neighbors.

Good luck.

The only NYC cops I've ever had an issue with are the ones that wind up in the newspaper, and those are innocent until proven guilty as well. I just wish the NYPD would teach all of its officers that it is legal for women to be topless in all places that it is legal for a man to be topless (I dont know the law backwards and forwards, but I do know there have been women processed for doing something that wasnt even against the law). You see, I am rather fond of boobs and civil rights. But mostly boobs.

Anyway, 10 minutes later, now that I'm done daydreaming... I love all animals, and causing harm to one that is commiting the heinous crime of pooping is inexcusable. However, the cat owner is being a real yutz and PITA letting their cat out to do that. So I say if you cant talk to the owner because she is crazy, and you dont want to call animal control because of the possible death sentence, and if using a hose or wolf urine doesnt work (great idea on the wolf urine btw)... IF all of these factors are true... there is only one thing to do... grin, bear it, and write a long-winded rant on General Chit Chat.

Trap it and post this in your neighborhood:

Found-Cat.jpg

If you have no responses after a week, you can conclude it is a feral cat.
I would recommend doing an experiment, see how well it can swim with a metal lifejacket (i.e. the live trap)

I went to Harbor Freight last night to pick up some cheap clamps. Harbor Freight is great for cheap clamps. They may not be high quality clamps but they are cheap and they get the job done. Did I say they are cheap?

Anyhoo, I saw the live trap, $24.95. Almost pulled the trigger. As I posted earlier, I don't think a cat would be dumb enough to walk into one of these things twice. If I use it there will be no passing of Go for kitty.

well now I AM worried because if you are gonna go after a dog with those clamps... lord help you.....:mad:

Talking to the owner of the cat would be fine, but i'm talking about strays. Between my street, and the street behind me, theres 5 houses that feed the strays. Trying to tell crazy cat ladies NOT to feed the strays is pointless. I'll try the wolf urine and see if that works.

Back