finally watched inglorious basterds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classic movie. Loved it! I just hope the younger generation of kids doesn't see it as a history lesson and think this is how WW2 ended :)

"Omar speaks 3rd best Italian" , "But I don't speak any Italian!?". , "Thats why I said 3rd best!"

"OOOOoooooOOOOOoooo Thats a BINGO! Is that how you say it?"

"You just say bingo"

"Bingoooo! That's so fun!"

awesome scene

Very odd but fun. You know that is how the new generation will see it I was talking to a friend the other day and their kid asked who Hitler was. the kid is in high school. I almost fell over. My 6 year old knows who he was and that he was a bad man. But then i have gotten my wife to like the History channel.

The movie sucked. Only good part was me being able to make fun of Pitt for saying "BONJOURNO".

WTF you say??

Fun and creepy at the same time! You realize it's not supposed to be an accurate portrayal of anything, right?

Just some cool lines, interesting violence, and creepy bad guys!

I'd list more characteristics, but everyone knows a 3-part list is the best.

Tell you what. I can see how a film purist might not like Tarantino, he really takes liberties and plays with the medium. I consider myself a "student of film" and really appreciate it for what it is, and am very critical on most.

This film was excellent, but the real standout is the acting. I think the first scene is one of the greatest scenes in film. The acting by Christoph Waltz was amazing throughout the film, but I thought the acting by Denis Menochet, the farmer was really breathtaking. He was emoting like a fire hose without saying a damn word.

Tarantino certainly has fun with his craft.

Classic movie. Loved it! I just hope the younger generation of kids doesn't see it as a history lesson and think this is how WW2 ended :)

Wait, wait, wait....Brad Pitt didn't travel back in time to kill the guy from Water for Elephants???? My mind is unravelling as we type...

This film was excellent, but the real standout is the acting. I think the first scene is one of the greatest scenes in film. The acting by Christoph Waltz was amazing throughout the film, but I thought the acting by Denis Menochet, the farmer was really breathtaking. He was emoting like a fire hose without saying a damn word.

You said it. I speak fluent French and English (duh) and understand a few words of German, Waltz was just amazing.

MC

I liked it, but would have loved the movie split into two separate films with the Basterds in one and the German situation in the other (The theatre girl, etc) with of course the Jewhunter being predominately in both.

Liked the movie, could tell it was a tarantino flick from the dialog and it was great, the action was pretty fictional, but overall it was a solid flick

That movie is freaking awesome. Start throwing some of the quotes around at work, uncensored, and it gets quite entertaining...

Latest posts

Back