Finally a Proper Drip Tray for the Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wubears71

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The one item missing from my Keezer was a proper drip tray. I started with a 6" drip tray for 2 taps and then went to 24" for 4 taps. However, they were "secured" using Rare Earth magnets and really didn't do a good job. In fact, after about a month, I just took the 24" drip tray and put it in storage and used a towel under the taps.

Finally, this past week, I got a 30" drip tray (2 more taps going to be installed soon for a total of 6) and framed it out with some mahogany laying around. I was going to use dominos to attach it to the collar, but decided to screw it in place instead so I can remove it easy if I ever want to change it up or make it convenient to move.

Here is the keezer with the 24" drip tray -
351a6700.jpg

Here it is with the new drip tray --
C5776C51-CCDF-4DE9-A395-D797E17D4201-982-0000010895F14BFF.jpg

A significant improvement if you ask me!!!

Nice man looks good. On my way to lowes now to pick up a peice of oak to stain and put on my keezer. I dont want to drill to the keezer so I'm going to do almost the some thing.

KEEZER.jpg

Here it is with the new drip tray --
C5776C51-CCDF-4DE9-A395-D797E17D4201-982-0000010895F14BFF.jpg

A significant improvement if you ask me!!!

Great drip tray. I like having a wood framed tray, very classy!

what magnets did you use? I bought rare earth magnets that are garbage. An link would be helpful.

I used rare earth magnets from a couple of hard drives set into routed pockets in the back of my drip tray's wood frame. Because of the smooth surface of the magnets and the keezer I ended up with the tray slowly sliding down towards the floor. I solved the problem by using a silicone tape called "Rescue Tape" covering the back of the magnets. It greatly increased the friction between the tray and the keezer front and now will hold a full pint glass under each tap. Don't have any pictures though.

Back