Final gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsser

Reaction score
Just wondering is a "normal" end gravity for most ciders. I started 2, 1 gal batches without a hydrometer so I had no way to measure o.g. Just wondering so I might have a bench mark after my hydrometer arrives

Quick noob question. I had a batch that I recently finished. I back sweetened with sugar after adding campden tab and letting sit for a day or 2. What do I do to get some carbonation?

To get some carbonation going you need to add your priming sugar and bottle so the CO2 released by the additional fermentation is forced into the cider by having nowhere else to go. Check out the pasteurization sticky at the top of the forum for a great explanation of how to get a sweet, carbonated cider.

Don't worry about adding campden, it won't effect a commercial yeast strain but will help protect your cider from oxidation.

Latest posts

Back