Filtration frustration!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chef1978

Reaction score
So while back in my novice years of beer brewing , occasionally I used to filter my brew.i was using this plate wine filtration systems,worked great ,but kind of pain to assemble,so I jumped in to this ever so popular long cylindrical system,easy to use and assemble,except it doesn't work.!! Beer comes out the same as it g goes in !hazy! Any opinion what do you prefer guys? Am I doing something wrong?

1micron,and I try both synthetic and the one that looks like hunch of threads,with 2 different beers

I also have had no luck with the cylindrical filters. Very minimal improvement. A plate filter is probably best but other than the buon vino I don't think anything else is on the level we need as home brewers. Currently I am turning around clear beers very quickly with some basic techniques. Good hot break, good cold break, whirlfoc, good fermentation, cold crash down to 30 degrees, keg with gelatin treatment, and shortened dip tubes. I also have a clear beer draft system in one of my kegs that works well.

The plate filter I use to use it was 2 round plastic plates that you tighten together with 5 screw,not sure the name but very basic.

Latest posts

Back