Filtering kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowain

Reaction score
I am an All-Grain brewer with a moderate amount of experience. Also, long time reader, first time poster.

My issue is this:

I have grown tired of bottling, so I recently purchased 2 corny kegs and a kegerator conversion kit (I already have a kegerator with a Sanke tap, so I'm just going to add the homebrew tap next to it). I have also bought a filtering kit to filter the beer between the two kegs. How do I sanitize this sucker? Do I sanitize the filter as well? Should I use the oxygen-based, no-rinse sanitizers or a bleach dilution and then rinse?

Also, this will be my first time kegging, so does anyone have any pointers? P.S. I've read most of the posts on kegging, but any special tips would be much appreciated. :D

I run a no-rinse sanitizer through the filter setup without the filter. Drain, then toss the clean filter in and fill with CO2 before pushing from one keg to another.

Wild

So you haven't had any problems with leaving the filter unsanitized? I thought that would probably be the way, but I wasn't sure.

Back