filling bottles and growlers..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing_al

http://www.homebrewmania.com/
Reaction score
what is the best way to fill a few bottles for friends or my growler to take with me to parties?

I dont want to invest in a 'gun', but I gotta believe that there is a hose or something I can fabricate that will go over the business end of a picknic tap in order to minimize foam?

Any great ideas, pictures or video?

:mug:

what is the best way to fill a few bottles for friends or my growler to take with me to parties?

I dont want to invest in a 'gun', but I gotta believe that there is a hose or something I can fabricate that will go over the business end of a picknic tap in order to minimize foam?

Any great ideas, pictures or video?

:mug:

A bottling wand fits perfectly into the end of a picnic tap. Knock the pressure way down just before filling a growler. 1L and 2L plastic soda pop bottles are great for taking to gatherings if you have a carbonator cap.

For glass bottles, you'll need what kcmobrewer linked to. I put one together and it works nicely. I'd suggest that you have the bottles down inside of a chest cooler when you do this.

Bier Muncher Bottle Filler

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

Love mine, works like a charm. Just cracked a beer that I bottled with it a month ago. Still perfectly carbed.

+1 I was all set to buy the Blichmann beer gun, but thought I'd test Bier Muncher's method first before I dropped the cash. I figured I'd only be out a few bucks if it didn't work, and I could always find other uses for the parts. Long story short, it works great, and I never felt the need to buy the beer gun.

I use it for filling both growlers and bottles.

If you just need a growler for a party, stick a piece of hose in your tap, drop pressure to around 2# and there you go. Don't over complicate things.

I don't even drop the pressure. I use a tube to fill my growlers at serving pressure. No issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back