Fiddlehead IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJGeorge

Reaction score
Hey guys, Been drinking a ton of Fidddlehead IPA lately here in NJ. This beer used to only be available in Vermont at restaurants and bars. Now with Covid, they started canning a distributing. Totally love this beers dank piney hoppiness and strong malt aroma and flavor. Has anyone tried brewing something similar or have ideas as to what ingredients are used?

Interesting. Thank you. I don't see galaxy used unless it is a very small percentage. I agree that it would be hard to clone given the hop selections by that brewery. It just amazes me how consistent this beer is. I would be more interested to know the malt used as its very distinct. Unless again, they get local malt that is unique in its own way. Has anyone used Valley Malt?

I bought a bag of Valley Malt (Hadley MA) this fall and did a Cascade SMASH with it. As a base malt it's a shade darker than my regulars, and the kernels were significantly smaller requiring a tighter crush than usual as well. I liked the beer though. I'll probably do another batch with the rest in a couple of weeks...

Cheers!

Back