Few questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewer26

Reaction score
First question. I have a brewers best Belgian trippel kit that I bought about a year ago and never got to use. Do you think that it is still good to use? Second question. What are some key pointers to brewing a good Belgian beer?

If you already have the kit it is probably worth it to just go ahead and brew it. What yeast did it come with? (liquid or dry?)

If it is a dry extract kit you should be OK using the extract... the crushed grains that usually come with may be stale and you might want to get fresh grains. If they were still whole grains they would probably be OK, kinda depends on how they were packaged. If they are in an air-tight bag, even crushed might be OK.

I can't comment on how to make a good Belgian, not a style I've ever cared to brew.

I had bought it with a wet yeast so I know that is bad. The grains are already crushed and in a sealed bag. 2 packs of Mt Rainier hop pellets in sealed packs. All dry malt sealed all sugars sealed and the lme sealed. If anyone thinks I should just buy a new one or if there is anything I can save from it I'm open to suggestions

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Home Brew mobile app

Use your nose. Open the bag of grains and smell. If they are stale, you waited too long but if they smell fresh there is hope. Open one package of hops, do they smell good? If not you can replace them. The malt extracts should still be good so you can buy grains and hops if you need.

Back