Fermzilla AllRounder Insulating Jacket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbg

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I see this in now available but I noticed it has no bottom. Do you think this will affect the performance?

Thanks

Depends what you have your allrounder set on. Are you using the chilling coils or are you wanting this mainly for increasing temperature? My all rounders sit on a wire shelf system so I'm considering getting a couple sturdy pieces of cardboard to put under them that way the open bottom isn't exposed.

I bought one of these the past year to use with cooling coils. The jacket comes all the way to the bottom and meets the table. It blocks air flow. It does a pretty good job. I'd say it's probably more effective at keeping a brew warmer, than keeping the cold in, but that's what BTU's are for :rock:

Overall construction seems pretty good.

Thanks @Biggz1313 and @Beerstein for the replies.

Seems like as long as the bottom is insulated by another means all should work well.

I plan to use the jacket in heating and cooling modes.

Thanks
Mike

Thanks @Biggz1313 and @Beerstein for the replies.

Seems like as long as the bottom is insulated by another means all should work well.

I plan to use the jacket in heating and cooling modes.

Thanks
Mike

Honestly, I don't even both insulating the bottom. Works "well enough" for average purposes I think.

I was thinking about picking up a third all-rounder, but then got that Cyber Monday sales flyer for Spike :cool:

Honestly, I don't even both insulating the bottom. Works "well enough" for average purposes I think.

I was thinking about picking up a third all-rounder, but then got that Cyber Monday sales flyer for Spike :cool:

Yeah, that Flex+ looks nice especially with I think 15% off (Just noticed the Cyber Monday sale is only on the CF's). Did you happen to get the fancy Spike wish book in the mail - very professionally made. I've been brewing many years and looking to simplify my equipment and the All Rounders are perfect for me. At Spike I think the CF5 might be a better deal than the Flex?

Last edited:
Yeah, that Flex+ looks nice especially with I think 15% off. Did you happen to get the fancy Spike wish book in the mail - very professionally made. I've been brewing many years and looking to simplify my equipment and the All Rounders are perfect for me. At Spike I think the CF5 might be a better deal than the Flex?

I did not get a book. Now I feel gypped!

I think the Flex has a place. Currently, I'm using four fermenters for beer. I have a scale of cheaper to more expensive ones. I would love to have a flex and eventually use that as the low end of my line up. My just philosophy.

What I don't get about the flex is why there is no port on the bottom to dump trub. This just boggles my mind. Must be a cost cutting thing.

I run my All Rounder in a chest freezer with an inkbird and a heating pad. I can maintain whatever temp I want, cold crash quickly and the freezer was only $150 at Best Buy.

I have an IPA cold crashing in it as I type. It'll be mostly carbed and ready to keg in a couple days.

Back