Fermtech Auto Siphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nu2brewing

Reaction score
So I have a Fermtech Auto Siphon and it's been giving me some trouble. If someone uses this same siphon could you take pictures of all the parts that are within the sediment cap that comes off the end of the auto siphon? I think something may be wrong or missing from my "NEW" siphon or not installed correctly.

Thanks!

There aren't any parts in that cap. It's just a cover. On the inside of the tube, there's a little plug that moves up and down to let liquid flow through...but if its popped out, good luck getting it back in. I had one pop out and I got so frustrated trying to put it back in that I just bought a new one.

What's happening with your siphon? It may have a crack in it if it's not siphoning. I use to clean mine with hot water, but I learned real fast that they don't like hot water. I had spider cracks all over mine.

I'm throwing in some pictures so you can see it. I couldn't get a clear picture of the whole plug...but you can see the clips that hold it in.

autosiphon2.jpg

autosiphon1.jpg

I will add that I have very good results using 5/16 tubing, but pretty poor results using 3/8 tubing (like constant bubbles and having to restart it constantly). Hope that helps.

That is exactly what I am having. I loose my siphon constantly. I will get some 5/16" hose for the next batch to be bottled next Wednesday......

I will add that I have very good results using 5/16 tubing, but pretty poor results using 3/8 tubing (like constant bubbles and having to restart it constantly). Hope that helps.

+1. But make sure you take the hose off while it's wet. Otherwise you'll break the racking cane inside. It's a very tight fit, and a pain to get off...but it's what works.

Ahh.....it's very nice bottling when your auto siphon works properly. The change to a smaller diameter tubing worked great! What a breeze this time! Thanks....

Back