Fermentrack integration with Brewers Friend??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atoughram

Reaction score
Has there been any talk of it?

It appears that Brewers Friend can now accept fermentation data tied to a brew session.

That would be cool!

Just as an update, push support is live in the dev branch and will be pushed to master shortly. I unfortunately took too long getting it out there and as such my Brewers Friend account expired - I’m going to get it set back up here in a few weeks when I finish the current project I’m working on and try to get support finished. To track progress towards implementation I’ve opened the following issue: https://github.com/thorrak/fermentrack/issues/338

@Thorrak

We don't want your membership to expire! We want to thank you to get this working for all of our members, and we want to gift you a premium membership.

We appreciate what you are doing and we support these types of integration.

I'll send you a message to make sure I have your information correct. Again, thank you!

I set things up on the Fermentrac side, is there any setup on the Brewers Friend side? I've asked the same question on the Brewers Friend website.

I set things up on the Fermentrac side, is there any setup on the Brewers Friend side? I've asked the same question on the Brewers Friend website.

Fermentrack has not officially announced support yet, but I think you could open the brew session and look under the fermentation tab then select the device from the Stream dropdown. Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

I set it to 15 minute intervals last night and still no change on the BF side. Let me go through the steps I took, maybe there's a mistake in there somewhere.

I set up the Fermentrack side of things.

(See attachment)
Name = Brewers Friend
Push Frequency = 15 minutes
API Key as given from BF
Brew Pi and Gravity Push sensors = all
Target Type = HTTP/HTTPS
Target Host = URL as given from BF
Target Port 80
fermentrack.jpg

In Brewers Friend - In My Profile under the Device button I see this - but it's a bit unexplained
My Profile Devices.png

In Brewers Friend, in my brew session, under the fermentation tab, I turn on the devices switch and I now see a "Tilt Pi" and I switch it on. I dont have a tilt pi - I've got Fermentrack but I figure something must be happening, maybe they use the same method to push data.
fermentation devices.png

Now when I look at my brew sessions I see this little green graph looking icon.
brew sessions.png

CONTINUED

Now in Brewers Friend Session, under the fermentation tab, after it's been on and correctly set at 15 minute intervals for eight hours, I'm still only seeing the data I've put into Brewers Friend manually with sampling where I'd expect to see the data that has been pushed also.
session fermentation chart.png

This session is about over, I'm kegging this today, but I'll be refilling the fermenter tomorrow :) and starting all over for another two weeks. I'd be happy to help you work through getting this working (by pushing data to BF :) ). My fermenter should be busy for the next month.

Whats with posting pictures?? I hope you can see them. If not, I'll repost this at Brewers Friend.

Whats with posting pictures?? I hope you can see them. If not, I'll repost this at Brewers Friend.
I can see them, and I'm not surprised as to what you're saying -- The format Fermentrack is sending the data isn't correct in the current release. As I said, it should be fixed soon. ;)

I can see them, and I'm not surprised as to what you're saying -- The format Fermentrack is sending the data isn't correct in the current release. As I said, it should be fixed soon. ;)

Thank You - I'll be pushing data up to BF for the next month fairly consistently - If you need to use it for debugging.

I did but it put them all together, where I wanted some text between the pictures - not sure what I was doing wrong.

Does push support in fermentrack allow you to see your data via a website when your not at home? And if so is there a guide somewhere that shows you how to do this?

So, a complete newb to Raspberry Pi and computer/IT programming is way over my head (i.e. - have no clue what <API> key is). With that in mind, I finally got my TILT set up on the SD card completed and a water test in the kitchen was confirmed that everything is working. My question is, is there a set up so the TILT can send data to both Google Sheets AND Brewers Friend? Any non-programming verbiage steps greatly appreciated. TIA

Back