Fermenting Controls Finished!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p-nut

Reaction score
I only have control of the fridge now. I would like to add controls to the cooler on the left next.
ry%3D400

Luckily the only things I had to purchase were the Auber Controller and the temperature probe. Everything else was free from work. The top outlet is always hot. The bottom outlet is controlled by the relay (Grey box on top of the outlet). The Auber controller switches the relay. The grey box on the fridge is another digital temp display I got from work. I doesn't control anything.
ry%3D400

I cut the cabinet with a Dremel tool. It looked rough at first, but when the controller is snapped in it looks fine.
ry%3D400

The toggle switch inside the cabinet is to kill power to the relay when I am not fermenting. I still need to clean up the inside of the cabinet.
ry%3D400

I stuck some foam tape to a piece of cardboard and used this to hold the probe to the fermenter.
ry%3D400

I just crashed the last beer I made down to 33 degrees. This setup seems to work great. The only change I am going to make is the temperature probe. I used the 4 x 50mm and I would like to use the 2.2 x 15 mm. It has less thermal mass and would be more sensitive.

Back