Fermenting at school over Christmas Break

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karac

Reaction score
I have a gallon of apple wine (for lack of a better term, its apple juice with champagne yeast in it). Its on its second week of life, and towards the end of the week I will be leaving my apartment for about 3 weeks and the heat will be turned way down. Will a temperature around ~50 kill off all the yeast or otherwise harm the wine?

if its pure apple juice with no added sugar, its probably close to being fully fermented at 2 weeks anyhow.

if its pure apple juice with no added sugar, its probably close to being fully fermented at 2 weeks anyhow.

I didnt add any sugar, its only the second time ive done it. Should I let it age a bit before consuming?

The first one I made was with homemade apple cider and I used an entire package of yeast on one gallon. I let it sit around for 2.5 weeks and it tasted about like pure yeast.

I would think it will be fine. You've got a ferment lock on it?
It should be done fermenting, and many leave their cider to bulk age for a while, that's all you'll be doing.

Latest posts

Back