Fermenterator and Kegerator... 2 projects...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc5md

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I've managed to score again....
I had one fridge I was planning on using as my kegerator, but inherited another at no cost. SO, I think I should have a fermentation chamber too?!
I've been searching the forums quite a bit about both projects and am just confusing myself I think, LOL :drunk:
Both fridges are older, freezer on top models.
For the kegerator project.... I think all I really need to do is set the fridge temp properly and put my kegs inside. I think I'd like the CO2 outside, so I need to drill through the side for this, get a manifold and tubing (and I think a dual regulator might be handy too if I want one keg at higher carb). I plan at least 3 or 4 taps, so I'll need to drill those and get faucets, shanks, tailpieces, tubing to kegs, and a drip tray.

Anything I'm missing for the kegerator project?

For the fermentation chamber project.... from what I've found, I need to find out if the fridge and freezer compartments have separate cooling and thermostats? If they are the same, do I have to cut out the divider? I know I will need a temp controller. I can do the ebay aquarium thing, or is there a better solution? I have good DIY skills. Once I have the temp controller in place, I just need a probe faster to the fermenter bucket and I'm all set, right? Just seems too simple.

Anything I'm missing for the fermentation chamber project?

Thanks everyone. Just want to make sure I have it all right in my head before I go ordering all the stuff.
:mug:

@dcarter.. you removed the partition because of size, or because it was the kind where the cold airwent into the freezer and diffused into the fridge part (just one thermostat?) or both?
Do you have to remove the partition if it only has freezer thermostat?

Latest posts

Back