Fermentation Temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch101

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was wondering if i let my beer ferment a lil cool like 17/18c would it still work? what difference does the temperature make??? Also, is it necesary to boil my massive bag of liquid malt extract wert stuff? it doesnt say to do so in the instructions and i dont know the efects it would/wouldnt have? Thanks for your time.

_mitch

Hey Mitch,
17/18C is about 62.5/64.4F. These are perfect Ale temps. Sounds like you're doing a straight extract kit. I've heard that it is not critical to boil an extract brew, but it sure ensures sanitary conditions and helps dissolve the extract into solution.
Slainte, Mack;)

you need to follow the instructions..... dump the wert stuff into the boiling water &boil it for ooooo 45-60 min. then cool it before pitching the yeast. the temp of the wert should be below 75 or you may kill your beer maken buddys . the best thing to do is go to john palmer beer making web sight and read read read. plan the day & have fun. clean clean clean makes good beer. you will find that the first time can take hours more than the third time. enjoy welcome aboard.

To convert *F to *C:

((*F + 40)5)/9 - 40

So, 75*F is 23.89*C.

Mitch seems to be hitting his temps dead on.

Back