Fermentation temperature to room temp after 2 weeks OK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BowAholic

Reaction score
I have 3 batches of beer fermenting right now... all will be 2 weeks old soon. I have them at 66* right now and my brewshed has the AC set for 78*. I'm pretty sure that the beers have completed fermenting... There's a 1.062 Centennial Blonde on Notty yeast slurry, a 1.068 Petite Orange from NB on WY 1214, and a 1.064 Cream of 3 Crops on US-05. I'm going on a short trip and was thinking that I would take all three buckets out of the 66* fermentation freezer and leave them in the brewshed at 78* for the next 2 weeks before a cold crash and bottling. Is there any problem with doing this? I just figured that I could save some energy $$ by not running the ferment. freezer and the AC... ???
Thanks.

Honestly my fermenter doesn't seem to draw too much energy. If I were you I would just leave it in your freezer. I don't think you'll be saving that much money by shutting it down for 2 weeks.

probably right...just trying to come up with a repeatable routine... and my fermentation chamber is a 27 cu.ft. 1979 chest freezer... LOL I live in Arkansas and it's probably 95+ everyday, so the AC and the freezer are worked pretty hard.
thanks!

Back