Fermentation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heinz57

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch on June 27th, was an APA. My questions isn't really whether or not everybody thinks the beer is still good, I'm fairly confident that it will be drinkable at minimum. But it's been 9 days in the primary (I don't have a secondary) and after about day 6 the bubbling slowed down quite substantially, about one bubble every 30-40 seconds if I remember right. I got back from work today and it picked up again, now bubbling about onec every 7 seconds. I'm thinking that the maid may have moved it a bit when she cleaned our living room on tuesday. I'm doing a research program in Maryland, so I'm living in a hotel for the summer (hence the maid service). Anyway, I'm guessing, if it was moved that some of the sugars got kicked up and excited the yeast again. It's Muntons dry ale yeast by the way. My theory on moving the fermenter may not be correct, so I was just curious if there would be any other reason for the fermentation to pick back up. Kind of a tangent, but does everybody have any stories/anecdotes about weird places they've been able to brew? Just a thought.
Thanks for any insight.

Nick

yep temperature increase will increase your fermentation and if it gets too high will affect the final outcome. Also if it was moved it could have stirred some more yeast from the trub into the wort. This will clear itself and not have a big affect on your beer.

hope it turns out great

Back