Fermentation Is ALIVE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighGravity

Reaction score
Hi, I thought I'd put this in the beginners forum, though I've brewed a while now and found something new.

What is going on in my beer? I used a brighter light than normal this evening to check on a couple of primaries I started last night. One of them seems like it has a garburator in the middle of the primary :ban:
I mean, the entire wort is absolutely spinning, with hop chunks covered in yeast going quite fast up and down the primary bucket unceasingly.

Have I just caught on to the miracle of fermentation after all this time? I never noticed this in the past and only one brew has this now. Both used 15gram Coopers dry yeast. Its all-grain wort in a box kit with added 1 gallon of homemade wort of lme and 2 oz of 15% zeus hops. Is some foreign Greek power trying to take over my brew closet? Or have I joined the secret society?

That's yeast. They are having a party and you finally got the invitation. This is why I like using glass fermenters. So much fun to watch.

It's all so - overwhelming. Looking at the fermentor less than a foot away seems like riding a motorcycle through the stars....wild!

I'm going to bring a 2litre of fermenting beer on my trip and see what happens over the bumpy roads....next stop 9000 feet

I hope your watching the ferm temps! It's amazing how much activity is derived from what simple yeast do in container full ofbrown sugar water.

I love checking in on "my vicious little yeasties". I hate having to use my bucket because my carboy already has a brew in it, because the fermentation is so much fun to watch.

oh yes fermentation is beautiful, it makes me look forward to days when i go to get SG readings(no carboys yet to have full time viewing pleasure:( )

Back