Fermentation Heat - 200W Lasko MyHeat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyHighBrew88

Reaction score
Bought one of these at Walmart yesterday for $11. It uses ceramic heat at only 200W so it won't overload the 10amp ebay controller. I also have a 25W Reptitherm Heat Pad ($35) stuck on the wall of the fridge but am kind of thinking that since this works so fast i'm not going to really need it anymore.

Here's an picture of what i'm talking about:

The only issue I see, and this is only because I tested it without anything actually actively fermenting with a free hanging probe, is that it worked so well it overshot the intended ambient air temperature. I think this won't be a problem though later because I'll be measuring against a carboy.

Let me know what you think, I just found it awfully cheap and simple rather than my comparably expensive heat pad.

Here's the 25W Reptitherm pad. It worked really well but the coldest it got outside was maybe 40F. I tested it prior & found that it'd raise the ambient temp of the fridge about 18-20F. I do like the pad because it's a gradual heat & all but at least now I know for sure i'm not gonna have any yeast drop out because the garage got too cold...

image-2918590823.jpg

Latest posts

Back