Fermentation corner - good or bad.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokester

Reaction score
I am keeping all the things I am fermenting in 1 part of my kitchen. The sauerkraut, the primary and 2ndary for kombucha as well as the mead which doesn't have a secondary just yet.
Does it increase the possibility of getting bacteria into the mead ? Should I consider an alcoholic corner and an non alcoholic corner ?

I would separate sour from non-sour. It does increase the risk, especially if you crack open the ferm vessels to peek (and we all do...)

I know this is backwards. I have a basement brewery for beer,wine and mead,and upstairs in the front room I have kombucha corner with a 2 gal fermenter ,scoby hotel and a 25 gal solara lambic barrel. I don't even drink booch in the brewery, maybe a little over cautious but oh well.

OK guys I will separate them shortly. I actually put them close together only ~1 week ago when I pulled off the booch into secondaries and started the next batch.

Back