fermentation chamber question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I brewed my first batch of beer not too long ago and I let it ferment in my apartment and, after a few smell complaints I decided that it would be best to let it ferment in my garage across the street. My problem is that my garage temp varies between 70 to 80 degrees during the day and it gets as low as 60 during the night. So I have come to the conclusion that a fermentation chamber is what I need but I have no Idea what I should do... I want to have room for 2 carboys if possible but I only have a budget of maybe $100. Any advice is appreciated.
thanks! :mug:

My advice would be to look on craigslist for a chest freezer. You might be able to get one cheap. Then you would need a temperature controller. If your a diy'r there is a thread on here on making one, just google "ebay aquarium tempature controller"

What Shrimpboat said worked for me.

I found a used chest freezer 6 cu ft. I went on ebay and ordered the aquarium temp controller from China and built the controller as outlined in that thread.

It works great.

Back