fermentation angst

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gator

Reaction score
brewed edworts haus ale monday night........attached the blow off tube, ran into a bucket of star sans. per recipe, no starter or rehydration for dry yeast (notty).

yesterday morning, had some suck back and a bit of my sanitizer fluid made it back into the carboy.........still, as of this morning, NO signs of anything fermenting.

i ain't tossing it (yet) but would like someone to say, dude, it'll be alright - relax

gator

relax it can take a couple three days to start seeing the fermentation and just because you don't see anything dose mean that its not working, wait a week take a reading.

I brewed a Belgian Wit on Saturday afternoon and had no activity until yesterday evening. I was tempted to panic, normally mine are happy in 12 hours, but I've read enough of these to RDEALAHAB (eat a lobster and...) and boy did I.

Was your blowoff jug at a higher level than the carboy? If so, suckback could start a siphon effect and pull all of your sanitizer into the carboy :eek:
I keep mine on the floor next to it and I couldn't imagine enough suckback to get anything all the way up and into the fermenter...

Either way, RDWHAHB. It will probably be fine.

Latest posts

Back