Fermentasaurus 2nd Generation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyn2001

Reaction score
First pics of Fermentasaurus 2nd Generation.

New and Improved:
1. Larger Dump Valve
2. Larger opening
3. Pressure rating 2.4bar (35psi)
4. Designed to fit in the new WiFi Fermenter Fridges (also coming soon)
5. Available in 27L and 50L versions

27litre_sml.jpg

fermentasaurus_dump_valve_1.jpg

top_1.jpg

50litre_lrg.jpg

Nice. I really like the first one with their add on pressure kit. Makes transfers easy. Even bought an extra float and draft line for my kegs.

I have been told by my homebrew supplier in UK that these will available end of the year.

I can’t believe I haven’t heard of the fermentasaurus until now! It looks really promising. So essentially it’s kind of an alternative to fermenting in a keg? Would it be possible to attach a spunding valve to ferment under pressure and also naturally carbonate towards the end of fermentation?

I can’t believe I haven’t heard of the fermentasaurus until now! It looks really promising. So essentially it’s kind of an alternative to fermenting in a keg? Would it be possible to attach a spunding valve to ferment under pressure and also naturally carbonate towards the end of fermentation?
Yes you can with the added pressure kit. Its awesome. I typically end around 10psi after chilling from fermenting under 15 psi. Cant wait to get this v2.

Does anyone have the new dimensions? The only problem I had with the old ones is they are too tall to fit in most fridges for temperature control.

Yes you can with the added pressure kit. Its awesome. I typically end around 10psi after chilling from fermenting under 15 psi. Cant wait to get this v2.

Awesome! Can’t wait for the v2 now.

Only problem I can think of is when I do my second dry hop with NEIPA’s. My practice now is add the first DH right after high krausen and then the second DH goes into the serving keg prior to transferring from the fermenter. I can imagine some nucleation happening if I naturally carb in the fermentasaurus then closed transfer it to the serving keg with the hops in there :no:

Thanks, the 27L does look a bit shorter, should probably fit in a normal fridge now without issue. The only problem is they have all the heights listed but not a single width! Anyways, good to see they are making modifications and improvements.

Awesome! Can’t wait for the v2 now.

Only problem I can think of is when I do my second dry hop with NEIPA’s. My practice now is add the first DH right after high krausen and then the second DH goes into the serving keg prior to transferring from the fermenter. I can imagine some nucleation happening if I naturally carb in the fermentasaurus then closed transfer it to the serving keg with the hops in there :no:
This is my first beer ever. Just put it in the fermentasaurus Saturday night. I sealed some earth magnets with a foodsaver and sanitized them. Not sure if it going to work but I will try to let you know. This has the pressure kit and hops were placed inside right after the yeast was pitched
20180813_070250.jpeg

This is my first beer ever. Just put it in the fermentasaurus Saturday night. I sealed some earth magnets with a foodsaver and sanitized them. Not sure if it going to work but I will try to let you know. This has the pressure kit and hops were placed inside right after the yeast was pitchedView attachment 583481
Those magnets are soooooooooooo smart. Gonna steal that idea for sure. Thanks

Those magnets are soooooooooooo smart. Gonna steal that idea for sure. Thanks
Some had a post on here about magnets and just made up my own based on what they said. I stole it from a very old thread about the fermentasaurus. It works good. Earth magnets from amazon, put two in a small piece of food saver bag and sealed them. Bag were to small to vacuum seal but the main goal was to keep the metal from the liquid. One on the outside. I would make sure you don't leave to much hanging after you tie the bag as I did

If I had seen this thread 2 days ago I would not be about to order a SSBrewTech bucket

If I had seen this thread 2 days ago I would not be about to order a SSBrewTech bucket
The brew buckets looks pretty good. Can you ferment under pressure or airlock only? The fermentasaurus is really a steal though at $119. From what I have seen the 2nd gen is going to be much better though

When you open that bottom valve to remove trub, harvest yeast, etc, is a big air bubble released from the jar into the fermenter?

I so get wanting to see it go bang but the reality is the safe failure mode is what makes it worth investing in a Keg King product from Australia compared to stuff coming out of China which is simply not suitable for pressure fermenting. We actually do want to take it to its limit so we have machined a stainless steel lid which will not deform and we plan to run this experiment again with this. Hopefully it will be the neck ring holding the lid which breaks but let’s see what the real experiment reveals.

It is very important for us to provide these videos as we seek to differentiate ourselves from products which are similar in looks and even names. Many people throughout the world have bought products thinking they were getting our gear or that it came from the same factory in china when this was not the case. Quite a few have had messy and potentially dangerous experiences.

Stay tune for when we use “The Lid of Destruction”.

Latest posts

Back