Ferm Chamber question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mueltrain54

Reaction score
I am planning on using an extra fridge as a ferm chamber for my new 60l spiedel fermenter. Id like to keep it as simple as possible, and was planning on buying an inkbird dual stage controller. I understand that you simply plug it into the wall and the fridge cord into the cold outlet. My question is what do you all do as far as routing the cord from the heat source out of the fridge so it can hook into the warm outlet. Do you simply shut the cable in the door? Or would i have to drill a hole in the wall of the fridge? Hope my question makes sense, I just want to make sure I am not over-thinking this before I start buying more equipment

Some people cut a hole but if you're going through the fridge and not a wooden collar you have to be careful about not hitting any cooling lines or anything.

Personally i just close the lid on the cables, the gasket is usually good enough. At least for the temp probe cable (no prob there its really small) or even for a small power cord such as for a fan.

Back