Ferm chamber build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timzabel12

Reaction score
Quick question I am working on a ferm chamber- kegerator combo using two stc-1000 in a double door fridge. I am going to be connecting a 60 cfm PC fan for drawing my cold air from my freezer side to ferm side and a ceramic heater for heat. Would it be safe to wire the ferm side stc up to plug-ins much like this on the inside. I am worried about built up moisture. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418451063.497925.jpg

Timzabel12,

I took a quick look at the STC-1000 specs, and the output relays are rated for 10A on both sides. Make sure your heater doesn't draw more than 10A, unless you incorporate a power relay that uses the STC relay as a pilot circuit. Moving air will help alleviate condensation during heat cycles, but an occasional cooling cycle will take out the humidity.

I will take that in mind, looking at using a ceramic heater. Also I could just run a couple 80mm PC fans in line with the cooling and heating so I get added circulation during phases.

Latest posts

Back