FedEx and the Wizard of Oz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn514

Reaction score
Brewers and Brewerettes...

<Rant On> Last week Thursday, 14 November, I ordered a wreath from Balsam Hill. Two years ago, I ordered a new artificial Christmas tree from them, and had it the NEXT day. Welp, my tale of woe began on Friday, 15 November, when I received a message from Balsam Hill that there were still items in my "cart." Not so...and in fact, the funds had already been drawn from my credit card account! Then, I found out that the wreath was shipped via FedEx. I live in northern Illinois; the package went from Barrington, NJ to Bloomington, CA! Exactly when did California become a "short-cut" from New Jersey to northern Illinois??? And today, I received information that the wreath is "out for delivery." I'm beginning to think that FedEx and the Wizard of Oz are related...you know, all smoke and mirrors but little substance! <Rant Off>

Brewers and Brewerettes...

<Rant On> Last week Thursday, 14 November, I ordered a wreath from Balsam Hill. Two years ago, I ordered a new artificial Christmas tree from them, and had it the NEXT day. Welp, my tale of woe began on Friday, 15 November, when I received a message from Balsam Hill that there were still items in my "cart." Not so...and in fact, the funds had already been drawn from my credit card account! Then, I found out that the wreath was shipped via FedEx. I live in northern Illinois; the package went from Barrington, NJ to Bloomington, CA! Exactly when did California become a "short-cut" from New Jersey to northern Illinois??? And today, I received information that the wreath is "out for delivery." I'm beginning to think that FedEx and the Wizard of Oz are related...you know, all smoke and mirrors but little substance! <Rant Off>

Rant or rave? Sounds more like a ****ing win to me. Im with @passedpawn here . . . Fedex, DHL, UPS, even the USPS, are masters of supply chain management and they really dont charge a lot thanks to competition. We have it so damn good and its spilling over globally, which is nice. Its a great time to be alive.

Back