Favre already considering unretiring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They interviewed the reporter who broke this story a little while ago on a news channel ( I can't recall which one). I couldn't hear the interview due to the sound being turned off in the bar, but I saw the captions underneath. Hey, MJ did it, why not BF?

This was a flat out guarantee that this would come up either in truth or spin this year. I agree that the Packers trading the rights away would be highly unlikely and the fan base would go nutz. Speculation of a "family fued" is always kind of interesting though. Such a competitor and to have a great season with a very good young team and to retire still seems a bit baffling. The not signing the retirement paperwork thing as well.

Anyways, Montana was a SF fixture and went to Kansas in the end. What I don't recall though is what transpired for that to happen. Feelings hurt with Young waiting in the wings? Just as odd IMO as if Favre actually did that.

Huge Packer fan if ya don't know that already...

PS - never trust a guy who's nickname is bus.

DesertBrew said:
This was a flat out guarantee that this would come up either in truth or spin this year. I agree that the Packers trading the rights away would be highly unlikely and the fan base would go nutz. Speculation of a "family fued" is always kind of interesting though. Such a competitor and to have a great season with a very good young team and to retire still seems a bit baffling. The not signing the retirement paperwork thing as well.

Anyways, Montana was a SF fixture and went to Kansas in the end. What I don't recall though is what transpired for that to happen. Feelings hurt with Young waiting in the wings? Just as odd IMO as if Favre actually did that.

Huge Packer fan if ya don't know that already...

PS - never trust a guy who's nickname is bus.

Wasn't Montana booted by SF? I personally think Brett Favre retiring was the best thing to happen for the Lions. :D

I just can't imagine this happening. It would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in the game of football.

If he ever comes back to football I would really like to see him as a QB coach or something.

Liquidicem said:
If he ever comes back to football I would really like to see him as a QB coach or something.

He's going to join John Madden in the booth.

"... that was an excellent throw to Moss and JOHN WILL YOU KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!"

It would not surprise me one bit to see Favre playing next year, then we'll be going through the whole is he/isn't he thing next offseason too.

Dang drama queen! :D

Flyin' Lion said:
Wasn't Montana booted by SF? I personally think Brett Favre retiring was the best thing to happen for the Lions. :D

Damn straight! Except it would take ALL of the other QBs retiring to get the Lions to a winning season. But just barely. (This is an exageration, but not by much.)

I could not see Brett comign back. He's old, beat up badly, and a legend in his own time. It would not seem right. He went out on top (or damn close) and deserves to leave on his own terms. Anyone remember how well Jordan played when he came back? I think they just get too bored playing golf.

Back