Favorite 'Subtle' Hop for Light Lager?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try Teamaker, .5% AA. I have been using it for dry hopping. Lots of hop aroma with no significant bitterness

I have a decent supply of dried whole Teamaker Hops (maybe a couple pounds) from a friend that had 4 year old plants! And a copy of the Lab Analysis report from this year’s harvest showing the actual Alpha & Betta Acid levels and essential oil content! Unfortunately he just sold his hop farm to someone out of State, so what I have squirreled away might be all for me unless I can make a deal with the new farmer IF he keeps the Teamaker Hops going.

Anyway, the original farmer challenged me to brew a drinkable beer using Teamaker Hops!

I just finished my 2nd beer type

I’ve brewed a Cream Ale and a Milk Stout using his dried whole Teamaker Hops! Both came out pretty good!

In an Internet search I found a small list of Beers that were supposedly able to be made well with Teamaker Hops.

The two I made were on that list.

I also made 15gallons of Teamaker Hop Tea! That was a big hit when done right’
8312B0CE-9FE1-4ACD-9CFF-ECB41D03288E.jpeg
E4D6CF8F-1D81-4724-B8F7-9CA7A6B28B74.jpeg
A260ECD4-1F5E-4F9C-A8BF-DDC4BE2E807E.jpeg

Have you ever tried Teamaker Hops for flavor?

They won’t bitter, but add a nice flavor when done right.

Back