Favorite Kegerator? Anyone tried Edgestar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboFluff

Reaction score
I'd love to know what kind of dual-tap kegerators everyone has, the brand, and why. I'm looking to buy a kegerator, something that'd fit two corny kegs, nothing too big. I'm trying to buy something all-inclusive, if possible, since I don't have a garage or a lot of time. However, if I clearly need to DIY, I'm open to the idea.

I'm looking at this guy: https://www.kegerator.com/kc2000twi...kegerator-and-keg-beer-cooler/KC2000TWIN.html But have no idea if the parts are good or if it'd be a good buy.

Thoughts/considerations would be awesome!!

I set up a danby kegerator from Costco for a friend of mine. Works great, looks good, has everything but the 3/16" bev line and corny connectors. DIY might be a little cheaper but it's still a great deal. It's a dual tap tower too.

Couple weeks ago picked up a used Haier 2 tap for $350 off Craigslist. It's a couple years old and in very good condition. I replaced beer line; disassembled and cleaned the faucets; cleaned interior and exterior which wasn't in bad shape. I'm happy!

I've had my Edgestar for five years and it works fine. Changing the lines is a little tricky (really tight space) Also, I bought a tower cooler to combat some foam issues.

I have that exact kegerator, but in stainless steel. I works great, holds two 1/6 kegs and holds a steady temp at about 38-40 degrees. The only thing I recommend is adding a tower cooler (you can buy on Amazon) to help avoid first pour foam, and longer lines. Other than that they're great.

I'd love to know what kind of dual-tap kegerators everyone has, the brand, and why. I'm looking to buy a kegerator, something that'd fit two corny kegs, nothing too big. I'm trying to buy something all-inclusive, if possible, since I don't have a garage or a lot of time. However, if I clearly need to DIY, I'm open to the idea.

I'm looking at this guy: https://www.kegerator.com/kc2000twi...kegerator-and-keg-beer-cooler/KC2000TWIN.html But have no idea if the parts are good or if it'd be a good buy.

Thoughts/considerations would be awesome!!
I bought this exact model used on Offer Up, 2 years old. After a year and a half, it stopped working, but it was an easy-to-replace starter switch ($3+). Love the cooling performance, but if I keep mine too cold, I do get some ice build-up on the cooling coils, and I have managed to freeze my lines. Easily solved by not setting it so cold!

This is the model I was initially looking at. Decided to upgrade to the KC3000TWIN. Wanted the capability to have room for a third sixtel. This would give me the option to start chilling my homebrew and carb while I have two on tap. Plus I could keep a keg cold so when one of the tapped keg blows during a party you are ready to go.

I ordered mine from kegerator.com. They where great to work with and I was even able to negotiate a better price. After I searched several times on their web site, a pop-up came up offering 25% off. I don't know if that is standard, but Christmas is a good time for you to haggle your price. I also upgraded to a two stage regulator so you can have different pressure settings, (e.g. one for serving and one for force carbing.)

Beverage Factory has a nice selection. I bought a triple tap through them and have been happy. The unit is only about 6 months old but has worked as expected.

Latest posts

Back